What you will learn:
- Planning an HTML5 document structure for a single page website.
- Sections, headers, footers, and other HTML5 Semantic elements.
- When to use div tags.
- Controlling font size - fixed and fluid units.
- Web fonts - how to use Google Fonts.
- Creating a typography ‘pattern’ using vertical spacing.
- Advanced CSS Selectors - descendant, classes vs. ids, pseudo selectors.
- Colour and opacity.
- Borders, Shadows, Rounded corners.
- Flexbox - flexible column grids, horizontal navigation and social menus.
- Transitions - animating CSS properties.
- Transforms - positioning, scaling and rotating.
- Working with background images - controlling scaling, repeat and positioning.
- Margins and padding - essential techniques for specifying vertical and horizontal spacing.
- Strategies for responsive web design.
- Working with Media Queries - changing layouts based on screen size.
- Allowing images to resize.
- Using SVG for high-quality icons and logos.
- Setting a maximum page width.
- High resolution images for retina devices.
- Contact forms.
- Working with jQuery.
- Using jQuery plugins for animated scroll effects, image sliders and responsive navigation.
This course is designed to run over 2 days, although it can be condensed into a single day depending on your requirements.
Where and how courses runAll courses are currently being delivered online.
Tailored courses and workshops
Courses can be run as customised workshops for individuals or groups. Workshops are an ideal way to learn exactly the skills you need - workshops are not restricted to a single topic, and can be tailored to suit your specific requirements. We can use actual projects as the basis for your course, so you get things done as you learn. Get in touch on 0435 829 914 or Send an enquiry to find out more about tailored courses and workshops.